Linksys AC1200 Setup: THE INTRODUCTION
Linksys AC1200 wireless extender is amongst the best extenders rolled out by Linksys. This can be said with surety because many users have opted for this particular model to take their internet usage experience to another level. In case you too have opted for it and are interested in learning how to do Linksys AC1200 setup, you should read this guide.
Right from the meaning of different LED lights, and the location of various buttons, to the extender.linksys.setup, everything related to the AC1200 model has been explained.
Linksys AC1200: PRODUCT OVERVIEW
1. Indicator LED
The light located on the top of the Linksys AC1200 wireless range extender gives one information related to power, firmware updates, and signal strength.
2. Audio Jack
The whole purpose of the existence of this hack on the extender is so that you can connect it to the speakers in your house.
3. Ethernet Port
You can connect the wired devices to the network of the extender with the assistance of the Ethernet cable. It will be getting joined to the port on the device.
4. WPS Button
One can use the WPS or WiFi Protected Setup method to perform the Linksys AC1200 setup process without entering the password.
5. Power Port
Plug the provided power cable into the port so that an uninterrupted and adequate power supply can be supplied to the networking device.
Linksys AC1200 Extender LED Light Status
|The firmware is getting updated.
|The extender is ready to be used.
|The extender has disconnected from the router.
|Weak connection to the host router.
Linksys AC1200 Setup Process: WIFI PROTECTED SETUP BUTTON
- Place the Linksys AC1200 extender at the best location and plug it into a wall socket. Do not forget to press the power button on it.
- Once done, attach the antennas on the extender and adjust them by reading the instructions given in the user manual of the networking device.
- Press the WPS button located on the host router. After waiting for about two minutes maximum, hit the same button on the extender.
- Soon the indicator LED located on the Linksys AC1200 extender will blink white. This is an indication that the Linksys AC1200 setup process has been completed.
- In case the LED turns orange, then it means that the connection failed. Now, you may try to connect the networking devices, i.e. the router and extender again.
- Unplug the range extender and plug it in the midway between the router as well as the deadliest zone of your house. Ensure that the signal icon has at least two bars.
- It can take up to five minutes for the connection to be established. Make your client device access the network of the extender and enjoy a speedy internet connection.
Linksys AC1200 Extender Browser-Based Setup
- Start the Linksys AC1200 setup process by locating the wireless range extender, plugging it into a wall socket, and attaching the antennas.
- Switch on your computer and join it to the network of the Linksys extender setup, specifically to its network name which ends with XXX.
- For this, you need to first locate the network name of the Linksys AC1200 extender, enter the WiFi password, and click the connect button.
- Once done, get your hands on a browser and enter extender.linksys.com in the address bar. A new screen will appear named. It will be welcoming you.
- Click the START SETUP button. First, you need to create the admin password. Once done, you have got to confirm it.
- For your information, you can also create a PASSWORD HINT to remember your password in the future. Click the SAVE or APPLY button.
- Get access to an Ethernet cable and connect the router to the Linksys AC1200 extender. Wait for the LED light to become green.
- This will act as a sign that the device has obtained an Internet Protocol, also known as the IP address from the host router in your house.
- Select the AS A WIRED RANGE EXTENDER option and hit NEXT. Create the network name and the password of the extender and hit the next button to proceed.
- Give the Linksys AC1200 setup process an ample amount of time to get configured. Avoid unplugging the extender; otherwise, you will face technical issues.
What Precautions Should You Take?
One should always keep certain points in mind while performing Linksys AC1200 setup via 192.168.1.1. They are called precautions. You may keep the following ones in mind:
- The extender should be kept in the same room as the host router as this will ensure that signal transmission is happening smoothly.
- Mirrors and fish tanks should not be kept near the AC1200 range extender as they can interfere with the signals emitted from it.
- Avoid using the search bar to access the web address of the Linksys wireless range extender that you are using at the moment.